Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Omaha smart home
At the center of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into one cohesive system. This intuitive, 7-inch color interface places you in full control of your Omaha home’s security and automation. See how it will help you and explore suggestions to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Omaha benefit you?
Wirelessly connecting to devices through radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your property. You can arm or disarm your system, control lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When incorporating a doorbell camera, you may even talk to whoever’s on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub has a backup battery and built-in cellular connectivity to ensure reliable performance. It also provides convenient remote operability via the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- Review live or saved footage from your integrated surveillance cameras
- Arm and disarm your home security
- Turn lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Modify your smart thermostat settings
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Omaha by implementing schedules or creating rules. For instance, you can have your smart thermostat adjust automatically every night at a particular time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your entrances unlock when the fire alarm goes off.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your system
Before you delve into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll have to grasp how to arm and disarm your system. It’s easy - just adhere to these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will still be present in your house and arms all devices besides interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be gone, and each sensor in the home will arm.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and input your PIN.
You’ll see a notification if the system isn’t prepared to arm. To illustrate, an open door will urge you to take action. Note that you are still able to arm the system by adhering to the instructions above. You will then need to verify you wish to ignore the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Omaha
Although various users can be set up when your system is installed, you may want to add an additional user down the road. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right-hand side of the home screen.
- Touch “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Select “Name,” provide the the name you want to use, and hit the Next button.
- If you would like to provide the user remote capability, tap email or phone and provide the details to dispatch an request.
- Choose Next and then create a PIN for the added user.
- To remove a user, navigate to the menu, tap users, select the user you would like to remove, and then tap “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take charge of your home’s automation and security via an easy-to-use touchscreen console? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Omaha smart home. Dial (402) 925-9471 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.