What should you do when your Omaha home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system safeguards your residence – and your family members – against the various risks you might face, like theft, fire, and flooding. Even though your home may be prepared, that doesn’t mean you are. Do you have a good idea of what to do if your Omaha home alarm system goes off? The blasting of an alarm is likely to be startling, disorienting, and could cause panic. Your best option is to stay composed and adhere to these simple guidelines.
Actions to Take When Your Home Alarm System In Omaha Sounds
It’s a situation no one wants to face, but it’s also the reason why you ordered a home alarm system in the first place. You’re woken up from a deep sleep with the unmistakable sounding of an alarm after a home security component has been activated. So what are you going to do?
- Don’t panic. This is easier said than done when your home security alarm is blaring, and your pulse is beating rapidly. But keeping a cool head is the best way to appraise what’s going on. Avoid the impulse of trying to manage the emergency yourself but instead let your monitoring specialists and first responders carry out their job.
- Take care of your loved ones. Your priority should be your loved ones and leading them out of danger. If you are dealing with a intrusion, this might mean going to an appointed safe room as far away from entrances as possible. There’s a good chance that your alarm immediately frightened away the trespasser, but it’s always smarter to be safe than sorry. If there’s smoke or a blaze, you need to vacate your home immediately.
- Grab your cell phone. These days, almost all people take their phones constantly with them, but you could neglect to take it during an urgent situation. You’ll want to have it. You’ll have the opportunity to stay in touch with your monitoring experts and receive updates through your home security app.
Connect With Your Round-the-clock Monitoring Agents
Any time your home alarm system in Omaha goes off, your 24/7 monitoring specialists will instantly act. Their first move is to confirm your alarm, and that means getting in contact with you. The protocol they adhere to is dependent on the sort of emergency. For example, if a medical emergency occurs, one attempt will be made to reach you before assistance is dispatched. If you have an intrusion - the most typical kind of event - a monitoring specialist will follow these guidelines to get in touch with you:
- An attempt will be made to contact you through the touchscreen interface. You will usually be asked for a passcode.
- If that isn’t successful, a call is made to your primary contact number.
- An alternate number or first emergency contact is attempted next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, nearby police officers are sent.
- Your monitoring agents will attempt to reach you again once emergency personnel are notified.
If you're not in a situation where you can communicate with monitoring agents, don’t fret. Support will still be dispatched even if you're unable to verify the emergency.
Get prepared for any emergency with a Vivint home alarm system in Omaha
Be prepared for any emergency with a state-of-the-art home alarm system in Omaha from Vivint. Call (402) 925-9471 to begin customizing your home’s defense today.