Features to look for in a home security camera in Omaha
So many people in Omaha want to see what’s going on at home when they are not home This is the main reason why security cameras are some of the most effective tools to consider as you design your home security system. Even though standalone cameras are effective when configured correctly, they’re even more powerful when incorporated into your property’s comprehensive system.
Have you often wondered what to look for in a home security camera in Omaha? You’ll be happy to discover these important elements come with more conveniences than previous iterations. You can view real-time streams from interior cameras or catch the attention of those lurking about with incorporated deterrents from outside cameras. You’ll even enjoy easy access to your security cameras with a convenient in-home touchscreen or smartphone app.
Powerful features enhance home security cameras in Omaha
Multifaceted and easy-to-incorporate security cameras will elevate your residence’s defense to a different level. These crucial aspects of your security system are available with a diverse array of features such as 2-way talk, night vision, and customizable zones. Take a look at the options available to you below.
- Built-in deterrents: Choose a camera that is able to take action automatically. If strange movement is found by the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, a clear ring of red light will emerge on the outside of the camera’s lens and a powerful alert will resonate.
- Night vision: Impressive IR night vision capability offers clear-cut footage of your environs at any hour. Your cameras will even keep their crisp imaging as you zoom in on particular areas.
- Video storage: Look for surveillance with video storage functionality and the chance to access video straight from your cell phone app.
- Smartphone app: Today’s surveillance systems in Omaha are often linked to a convenient smartphone app. You have the opportunity to watch real-time footage or pre-recorded clips and even engage or disengage your system. The Vivint App will post a notification to your cell phone whenever there’s a triggered event.
- Motion sensors: Integrated motion sensors allows cameras to engage whenever strange movement is detected. You’ll also be alerted with a message on your mobile device.
- Converse with anyone at your door or family: Would you like to check in with your kids after school? Is there a delivery person at your main entry? Modern home security cameras, such as the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, offer convenient 2-way talk so you can speak to any person captured by your equipment.
- Field of vision: As a general rule, your outside cameras should give you an angle of 120° or higher. For instance, the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro boasts a viewing angle of 140°.
- Custom zone coverage: This convenience allows you to designate the specific area you wish your camera to supervise. This is helpful to better define what you watch as you wouldn’t need updates every time a vehicle goes by in front of your house.
Customize your own smart home
Now you know what to look for in a home security camera in Omaha. All that remains is to get started on your robust Vivint smart home. Dial (402) 925-9471 to start or complete the form below to reach out to our home protection and automation specialists.